TIPS & TECHNIQUES
ADD VALUE TO YOUR VEHICLE WITH TOP TIPS FROM THE SHINE CENTER EXPERTS AT TURTLE WAX!
- Look out for chips - front of the car and sills are prone
- Remove any bird droppings as soon as possible
- Use a Chipstick to stop rust in chips or scratches
- To prevent scratching, use two sponges – one for dirty areas, the other for cleaner parts.
- Drive car briefly afterwards; this will ensure the brakes are dry and prevent corrosion
- Don’t forget to clean the painted areas covered by shut doors, tailgate, boot or bonnet.
3. Waxing and Polishing
- Never apply wax onto surfaces that cannot be easily buffed.
- Ideal waxing temperature is between 13°C - 29°C ( 55°F - 85°F).
- Always apply paste wax in thin coats.
- Soft terry cotton makes perfect polishing cloths.
- Do not apply wax in direct sun on dark finishes, this makes polish and wax removal difficult.
- Only wax a recently washed surface.
4. Wheels & Tyres
- Move car a few feet after cleaning to spot any untreated areas.
- Use trip protectant on the wheelarch plastic when clean.
- To avoid staining the ground, apply Tyre Shine with a cut-down sponge.
5. Exterior Trim
- Use the Protectant before polishing body, and buff off together.
- Spray product on to a cloth when treating areas near glass.
- If shine is too glaring, check product instructions on how to achieve a matte finish.
6. Glass Care
- Drop opening side windows by a couple of inches to clean the top edge
- Glass doesn’t only mean the windows – don’t forget to clean the rear view and side mirrors!
- Once you’ve finished cleaning the seat fabric, make sure you allow time for treatment to dry out.
- To get the headlining back to its best, a coarse decorator’s sponge is the perfect tool.
- Rub an ice pack over chewing gum to make it hard and easier to shift
- Keep cleaner off steering wheel, gearlevel and pedals
- Waterproofing needs to be renewed at least once every year
- Don’t leave stains on the roof – tackle them when you spot them
- Use silicone spray on the soft-top’s seals to keep them supple.